Thursday, October 2, 2008

Christmas Break!

*Originally posted December 17, 2007

Today is the start of our Christmas Break! The girls have finished all of their studies and they both told me that they didn't want school to end! How awesome!!! But, I know it's best to give their little minds a break (and my mind, too). So, we might do some Math and Reading here and there throughout the break, just to whet their appetite for learning!

I recapped with the girls about our Term 1 and here are their answers to my questions:

Q: Ava, what is your favorite thing that you've learned this year in school?

A: Math, Reading, Art... hmmmm... EVERYTHING! (What a testament!)

Q: Ava, what is something you wish were different for next term?

A: That I won't have to keep doing easy things like count by two's or count by even or odd numbers. (Wow... who would have thought that would be "easy" for a 5 year old?!?!)

Q: Ava, what is something new that you learned this year that you didn't know before?

A: That homeschooling would be so much fun!!!! (Does that warm your heart, or what?!)

Q: Caroline, What is your favorite thing that you've learned in school?

A: RightStart Math and reading Poor Richard and Plutarch's Lives. (I would have never guessed her most difficult literature, Plutarch, would also be her favorite! Yea!!!)

Q: Caroline, what is something you wish were different for next term?

A: NOTHING!!! (Again, what a testament!)

Q: Caroline, what is something new that you learned this year that you didn't know before?

A: That RightStart Math would be so much fun! (I'm so glad I switched over to that curriculum... it has stretched her "math reasoning" in so many ways... she just loves it!)

If I were to answer those same questions I would say my favorite thing is: being with my wonderful children all day teaching them and learning with them! God has taught me so much so far, and I couldn't have done any of this without His strength, patience, wisdom and guidance.

Have a Blessed Day! :)

No comments: